8 July 2020

How to rest

Today, I have to remember how to rest
Give my brain some time to itself
To not prepare for any trial or test
Recollect how to be myself

Don't do work. Check.
What else is there to do?
Let's think. There was
a time before 
what I just went through

I remember things
being brighter then.
Even if I don't remember how.
I don't want to
just do nothing
Even if that's all my energy will allow

I've done some exercise
I've played some games
I've chatted with friends
I've gone outside
I've done some cooking
I've breathed a little deeper
Now, I'm at an end
What else?

I suppose I will 
remember
How to reorder myself with time
But to rebuild
myself
I must first
become 
a less structured
rhyme

Written in my garden, after submitting the final set of corrections for my D.Phil


No comments:

Post a Comment