16 December 2020

I can't be part of everyone's story

One of the hardest challenges that I've found before me
Is finding out that I can't be part of everyone's story

Everyone one I meet, no matter who or how
Is weaving a fantastic tale that crests and bows

A tale of survival, heroes, and so much more
A tale each like nothing I've ever heard before

Filled with rich characters, complex motivations, and breathtaking twists
You, dear reader, are one for whom I'm sure this description fits

Each story is told in a unique way
Told differently on any given day

And it's a struggle, for each story and age
To not want to get involved in the next stage

To help them achieve the next aim or goal
But if I do too much it leaves me less whole

I realise I've begun to leave other stories behind
Because of wanting to help every story I find

So, slowly, I've started to step back
And realise that there are simply resources I lack

That stories, inevitably, will go on without me
But I should treasure those with me more deeply

It is an honour if I'm ever allowed to help form a line
But if I am too stretched already then that's also fine

For the show must go on, and what a fine story that will be heard
A story I'd love to hear, whether or not I will end up adding a word

No comments:

Post a Comment