14 July 2021

The load

Dear Diary,
Today I added to my load
Something to hold on tight to
Maybe I collected a debt I owed
Or bore more just because it felt right to

Dear Diary,
Today I shouldered something more,
Look how much I now possess!
And it's all part of me to my core
I couldn't get by with any less

Dear Diary
Though my load it grows in mass
Though it feel like it is dragging
Is it really so wrong to ask
To add just one more thing

.

Dear Diary
Today. Today I finally let go.
I realised the potential I would not release
Now I only carry regret and woe
That it took so long for my gathering to cease
For the food I held fed many souls
The heat I held warmed many from cold
The money brought some shelter from the rain
The medicine healed those currently in pain
That which I held so rarely made me stronger
So I will do my best to hoard no longer

No comments:

Post a Comment