29 December 2021

Find beauty

Hey. Hey you.

I know your life probably isn't what you thought it would be, but I hope you can see the beauty in it still.

That the steps between seconds are not lost in the shuffle
Nor the colours that fall in the gaps of a rainbow's natural hue
I hope that the songs which bring a smile to your face are listened to without guilt
That you see the small but glorious things that surround you

Once it is gone, I have missed the way a friend used to say hello
Or the colour of the stone on the streets I used to walk
But I can return, and the absence has taken a toll
There will always be a echo of the way we used to talk

Some folk find beauty in people, or in nature, or in something else still
I hope you find it wherever you can. Even when it is hard to find.
No matter what path life takes you, it is still you doing the journey
And we all need beauty to help us get through those things that bind

No comments:

Post a Comment