1 December 2021

Songs that make you cry

I find creating tough sometimes
Getting motivation to craft silly rhymes
Trying to find a unique thought I can catch
Then having to make the syllables match

Creation is, at its core, a little bit strange
And though I work on my rhythm and work on my range
I still cling to any moment of virtue I find
All to settle these tenacious doubts in my mind

And then

And then I find a song that makes me cry
And then, and then I want to try
To write something so honest and true
That despite the silly rhymes my heart can pour through

Because you can't cry at something without connecting
To pick up the anguish that person must be projecting
But it takes skill. And patience. And more, all through the pain.
To channel that overflowing emotion into an honest refrain.

I forget it often, but there nothing so inspiring to me
Than to remember how powerful art can be

***

Because this poem naturally hints at an inspiration, I've only just discovered Frank Turner and was listening to Song for Josh. In exchange for sating your curiosity, if you're reading this, please send me a song that really connected with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment