18 May 2022

Freedom of debate

Is there anything richer than fruitful discussion?
Ideas flow like music, with words the percussion
A shared venture which leaves all involved enlightened
Leaving at last with one's philosophy heightened

But it is a bitter fact that must be recognized
Not all discussions are worth being realized
I used to treasure all debates in a manner quixotic
As I now realise some simply end up as toxic

I am not scared to debate you. It's just not worth my time.
You don't seek a shared truth, you want to disprove mine.
You're willing to attack me, as well as my thought
If you think it'll garner you an upper hand in the court

All are welcome to say and think however they chose to
And, if you're just in your ways I'd love to chat with you
But free speech does not mean you get to yell in my ear
So please, be quiet. Lest you disturb the discussions happening here.


Inspiration: https://psyche.co/ideas/in-nyaya-philosophy-only-some-debates-are-worth-having

No comments:

Post a Comment