11 May 2022

I want to speak on trauma

I want to speak on trauma, but I don't know what to say
I don't want to see my friend suffering then go about my way
But I've still got so much learning so much listening I need to do
Before I can give help, I've got some growth I need to go through

So that I never pretend I can simply swoop in with the save
So that I know there's no magic wand I can pretend to wave
But I still want to lift their burden, help a little off their load
Walk a little in their shoes and help ease the debt they're owed

When I do speak on trauma, I will show I truly care
To be a friend in need by being a friend who is there
To not speak down in platitudes, not say things that are empty
To accept that some small words of kindness can still be plenty

I want to speak on trauma. But I know I can't do so yet.
I have to listen first. So that when I do speak, I speak with no regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment