9 July 2013

#28 Awkwardness

Ok, I'm about to speak about something
To which every reader can certainly relate
I'm talking about when you're talking
And plough straight on, and don't hesitate

Oops, see? You've done it now
You've said something awkward,
It's been said and you know exactly how
And you know you can't just leave it and move onward.

No.

From now, you will spend countless hours thinking about what you just said
It'll hold immense and uncertain power, swirling around inside your head
A thousand different scenarios will present themselves as an option
Things that would just flow over the conversation and soon be forgotten

What if? What if? Your mind will echo for a age
If only I could go back in time, rewrite that page
I could be known as a great wit and connoisseur
Instead now I'm just a local twit, a dumb-ass cur

You're going to beat yourself up for a while I can tell
So let me step in before your own mind becomes a hell
It's perfectly natural to worry about this - it's how social skills improve
But if your mind wants to find bliss, it's going to have to move

For you can say things that can brighten someone's day
That can help and encourage when someone's mood is grey
You don't realise it, but that's what people remember
I mean, you may not relight someone's fire, but you can provide an ember

You can build up and strengthen, that's your gift
What you just said was over quite swift
One time is one time, but what matters is the message you re-enforce
But that's up to what you want to do, of course.

I mean, some people like being awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment