24 July 2013

#30 Moment of Clarity


I had one of those rarest moments today
It was clarity, like a single word in ink
A moment of great rareness and sparsity
A moment where I could actually think

The feeling was enlightening
A release from my usual entrapment
Yet also, oh so frightening
At the brevity of this enlightenment

I could do anything, if this feeling would only last
Understand any problem, solutions would surround me
My mind finally working, and seems to run fast
While clarity quickly lessens, then confounds me

I really want to focus, but these days it is so hard
There's so many updates to see and read
And to think takes such effort, to go the extra yard
We have everything that we want, but nothing that we need

It is time I actually did it, shut everything down
And listened to nothing, so that thoughts could be beckoned
And then, for just once, in this noisy old town
I could gain clarity, for more than just a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment