17 July 2013

#29 Monsters

In this world of Monsters,
We're either charlatans or freaks
The charlatans, they try their hardest
To be seen as neither 'weird' nor 'unique'

The hide every imperfection
Every blemish that they perceive
Then sell their vision to us
And it's that vision we receive

That this world is not of monsters
You're clearly not trying hard
This world is one of perfect beings
Who are never spotty or scarred

Can't you see how happy we are?
And how perfect we appear?
You know you could be just like us
If you tried your whole life time plus just one year.

...

In this world of Monsters,
I count myself a happy freak
I'm not trying to hide myself
And I don't think that makes me weak.

I will never be the perfect being
They parade around before us
They're tried so hard to pour beliefs into me
I'm practically porous

I am blemishes and scars
Acne, pain and regret
And that ain't no bad thing
I'm proud of it you bet.

Sure I'm trying to improve
I'm not saying in life you can't progress
But there's nothing wrong in being yourself
Even if that self is a mess

You are beautiful, you are flawed
With your own personality
Embrace your weirdness and your oddities
Cause you're a Monster, just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment