11 September 2014

New Words: The dichotomy

Listen up, as I help you:

Remove the dichotomy
Lose the lobotomy
And stop your world view from shrinking
Despite the polarity
Realise that contrariety
Does not only equal two ways of thinking

Alright, let's rewind it back a little

When I was just a young cur
As most of us once were
I would struggle to see more than two sides
So when I'd want an opposition
My natural disposition
Was to take the first position I realised

And then not think any further

Let me provide an example
Just a little small sample
Of the type of thinking that used to vex me
See I saw on television
The nauseating preposition
That was life was only worth living if you're sexy

So what did I do?

Now, not to come on strong
But this was clearly wrong
So I decided that life should be blander
That each and every person
Should have a natural aversion
To this clearly incorrect propaganda

So what did I miss?

As I only heard one voice
I didn't realise the choice
That I could just give people the option
I shouldn't force others to display
That people should choose their own way
And select own mindset for adoption

The lesson from this?

I took time to realise
I'd become what I despise
By forcing others into my point of view
There is always at least 3 criteria
But then, giving me hysteria
I realised there could even be a forth option too...

dichotomy: a division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed or entirely different.


Yes I already new the word dichotomy, but the poem idea came to me and I couldn't resist

No comments:

Post a Comment