22 May 2019

I care for my friends

I care for my friends. I care for them deeply.
I just can't comprehend that they also care for me.
Here's a fact I know, but not a fact I've learned
Compassion is often given, rather than something to be earned

I assume there is a quest or a challenge I must take
You can try your best until you bust or break
But despite a lot of what I've done, their caring is still there
Not as something as I have won, or as the cost of a faire

But simply because we had a connection.
Somewhere deep down there was some affection.
That person, my friend, decided for some reason they liked me.
And I can't fathom why and keep second guessing despite the
fact that people are wonderfully weird, they aren't doing it to spite me.

Yes, friendship does require maintenance.
No, an instruction manual is not available on request.
Just return care given, with interest and reverence.
Humans are weird. And like you, your friend is just trying their best.


No comments:

Post a Comment