15 May 2019

Where passion is sewn

Do not, my friend, let yourself hate passion in another

Don't let hate fill your heart for one indulging in their art
More power to the hours they've been crafting their part
For the days they've slaved to make something they enjoy
Even if it doesn't connect with every girl and reflect in every boy

Not every scent was meant to have a global appeal
I've found sounds of renown that fail to make me feel
I've split hairs in despair at the money some art has made
Maybe a masterpiece "adored by all" leaves me dismayed
And fills me we rage that this piece gets displayed
While a mainstream cage seems to fill up the page
To contain any refrain that to me seems amazing
And it drives me insane so I'm barely able to keep it contained and...*ahem*

Embrace the art you adore, for what it means to you
But embrace all artists more, as long as they seek what they feel is true
It's a dark world, which takes a lot of effort to illuminated
Let's celebrate that, even if I know you would find other spots to ruminate

Let people explore the world, it is too big to explore alone
Share your adventures, and maybe venture a path less known
There is virtue in a map, but not in an artificial throne
And never, my friend, hate those places where passion is sewn

No comments:

Post a Comment