6 May 2015

Why I'm Voting

I would like you all to realise how fantastic democracy is
And yes, I know it's flawed. I know there are many different democratic systems.
I know there are those whose voices I do not want governing me
I know there are those who do not want my voice governing them.

But voting. Ah, voting. It's the great equaliser.
No matter how much money gets spent, in the end, you get the choice
You. No matter who you are. You matter.
You matter enough that you get a say in this country.

When you see human rights violations
When you want road works completed quicker
When you get angry at the news you read
When you disagree with your neighbour

You have a direct say in how the country is run.
It may not count for much. There's lots of voices after all.
You don't mean more than them. They don't mean more than you.
For those that care. voting is the minimum you can do.

It's far from the only thing. But it's certainly one of the greatest steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment